Adore Beauty Pty Ltd

Monday 20 July 2015

Just another manic Monday...

What is it about Monday's? Why do I feel like I'm having a nervous breakdown every Monday. How come that 'Mercury in retrograde thing' seems to happen to me every Monday? Why can I not function on a Monday?

Before I had kids, when I was working full time and sometimes feeling less than 100% fulfilled I would say to myself 'oh bugger it' I'm just going to have a baby...then I'll not need to get up and go to work. Well let me tell you it's definetely not the answer! There is something out to get me on a Monday.  Last Monday started out by me driving for almost an hour to pick something up to not actually get it in the end and then ended up with me locking myself and the kids out when I went to the school run.

I know it's not just me (and I realise this is not end of the world stuff here) I've had lots of chats with my friends recently that feel the same. I seem to (every Monday) re-evaluate my life ...why did I not get a job as a psychologist, do I really want to be at home with my kids, should I get a full time job, do I want to be self employed, why can I not eat a carb free diet, I have sooo much to do, why have I not done any of it yet, why can't it do it itself...blah de blah.  It goes on like that until about half way through Monday evening (read post glass of red whilst cooking dinner) when I realise oh it's just a Monday. Tomorrow will be Tuesday and I'll feel much better...until, of course, next Monday!

So if you're reading this and feeling the same way let me re-assure you.  You are not alone.  I highly recommend clicking on the link, listening to The Bangles, feel better and get on with your day.  It is, after all, just another Manic Monday.