Adore Beauty Pty Ltd

Monday 22 June 2015

You are doing great...

I have never been good at taking my own advice. Its a major issue really.  I have had so many conversations with my friends over the years where I give them my age old advice nugget of wisdom which is....'don't be so hard on yourself".  I hear myself say it to others all the time and no matter what that persons situation is in life and what ever issue they are dealing with this certain piece of wisdom always seems to apply.  Because we are.  We are all too hard on ourselves.   Although I dole it to out to others I struggle to take heed of that all important lesson.  

This is the thing there's a major gap between what we know and what we do.  I nearly pursued a PhD in this exact subject part of me wishes I did because I would one be a genius if I worked it out and two I would be totally content in that I would be doing all of the things thats you're meant to do to be ultimately happy, healthy, wealthy, fulfilled and all those other things we all are striving for and, probably, giving our selves a hard time about. 

My friend has a saying, (and if you read this you will know who you are as I have never heard this expression pass anyone else lips in my life). I was moaning  on about some issue, a wrinkle on my forehead or a pimple that had popped up and she said 'a blind man would love to see that wrinkle' it instantly made me laugh and simultaneously realise I was being ridiculous.  The thing is we often look at ourselves in the worst light, give ourselves the hardest time, measure ourselves against others or a previous version of ourselves (I am terrible for that one)  no idea why as it's not constructive or motivating.  It's negative.   So if you are at all like me here is my little reminder to myself.  I'm saving this one as my home screen on my phone and repeating to self regularly for optimum effect.  I invite you to do the same if you like me need a little reminder....



Have you got a little trick to remind yourself not to be so hard on yourself? I would love to hear them!