Adore Beauty Pty Ltd

Wednesday 18 March 2015

Making it happen with Sharon Fitzmaurice

Today we meet Sharon Fitzmaurice for our #MAKEITHAPPEN series in honour of International Women's Day that I am continuing throughout the month of March.  Sharon's journey shows how its possible to overcome adversity, a truly inspiring woman.


{meet}
I am a 44 year old woman, married to a wonderful man and have two beautiful teenage children, a boy and a girl - a gentleman's family in Ireland! Along with my role as a wife and Mother, I also work as a Meditation Teacher/facilitator, Angel Reiki Therapist/Teacher, Happiness Coach and Psychic Medium, just to name a few :-) I am so blessed to be able to work around my family and choose my own hours of business and being able to take 'time off' when needed, I only have me to ask.




{the journey}

In 2004 I miscarried my third child and it broke me, I fell apart. I relaise now it was the best thing that ever happened to me asI finally started to question myself and what I really wanted from life. I started to count all the blessings in my life and work from there. As a result of my mind being so confused I started to meditate, through this daily practise, I started to find calm and peace in my life. I had a place to go where I could find clarity and guidance from my own inner strength, strength I never really truly believed I had inside of me. The more clarity I got, the more I could see myself and where my strengths and abilities lay. I still wasn’t sure what I wanted to do with my life apart from still being a great mother to my kids, I knew there was more!


{support along the way}

The resources I used came from deep within, it was a pushing of myself to continue to get better and to go out into the world with my message that I could do anything if I set my mind to it and believed, this was a message I wanted to share with all others, especially women. When I started out there was only text and email, social media was still unknown to me so I relied on weekly emailing to my contacts and asking them to spread or share the word. I gave weekly hand-outs to my groups with tips on to help them on their journeys and shared stories of my own daily struggles and achievements to encourage them and also remind myself what we can do even through our challenges.


{how to achieve the goal}

Firstly be realistic when you start off, don't try and do everything at once. When you set a small goal for yourself and achieve it, you will be more determined and motivated to reach your next goal. The more you achieve the more you want to do, the more strength and self-belief you have in yourself and your business. Feeling a sense of achievement is amazing as you start off, but you must stay focused and grounded in what your initial goal was, you may build on it as it and you grow and develop. There is no limit to your potential but don't try to do everything at once, one thing at a time, one day at a time. And most of all, keep enjoying it. 
{words of wisdom}

We all need support and trying to do everything is just not realistic or practical. Ask for help and assistance when you need it, don't be afraid to fail, just get back up and try again. 

{days off are important} 


Yes it's important to keep your priorities in your mind but remember to give yourself some fun and downtime. Try and schedule in hours for your work and stick to them. With all the social media at the moment, you may feel as if you have to be constantly online and this eats away at your downtime. Keep everything in balance and you will be a healthy, successful and very happy person :-)



Sharon Fitzmaurice is a Spiritual Channel for Healing and Guidance. Sharon works as a Reiki & Seichem Master, Teacher & Practitioner in person and also distantly. She facilitates meditation groups, workshops & retreats in Ireland and abroad if requested. Sharon works alongside your Angels, Guides and Loved Ones in Spirit in helping you heal yourself. You can connect with her on the following links.